Home » Research Publications & Presentations

Research Publications & Presentations

Click here for:

Research Interest and Statement

Google Scholar Citations

I published the findings from my Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) study in Nursing Management, Just Culture: It’s More Than Policy

Paradiso, L. & Sweeney, N. (2019). Just culture: It’s more than policy. Nursing Management, 50(6) p. 38-45. doi: 10.1097/01.NUMA.0000558482.07815.ae

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31094886/

Nursing Management, With a circulation of 56,000, Nursing Management is the leading monthly source for practical, educational, cutting-edge information for nurse leaders. Each issue presents peer-reviewed articles that range from legal and ethical aspects of nursing leadership to personnel management, recruitment and retention, budget issues, product selection, and quality control. In addition, Nursing Management provides regular features, columns, continuing education, staff development education, and more.     Impact factor: 0.372

The article is Open Access with more than 34 citations.

Just_culture__It_s_more_than_policy_NursingManagement_2019

This article is also available through CUNY Academic Works – as are several other Open Access documents I have authored.  CUNY Academic Works is a service of the CUNY Libraries dedicated to collecting and providing access to the research, scholarship, and creative and pedagogical work of the City University of New York.  Here is a link to review the readership – currently over 1,900 downloads from all of the documents.

Linda Paradiso CUNY Academic Works Dashboard

Sigma Theta Tau International, Potential members who meet eligibility criteria are invited to join Sigma – baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing. Sigma has more than 135,000 active members in more than 100 countries. There are roughly 540 chapters at more than 700 institutions of higher education throughout the world.  The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) conducted its 44th Biennial Convention in Indianapolis, IN, USA, 28 October–1 November 2017. More than 2,000 nurses from around the world gathered at the convention, which had as its theme “Influence Through Action: Advancing Global Health, Nursing, and Midwifery.” I was invited as a Rising Star of Scholarship and Research where I presented a poster Perceptions of Trust in a Just Culture Environment,  the findings from my doctoral study.

Paradiso_Sweeney_Just Culture SITTI Presentation

STTI Rising Star Acceptance letter

Paradiso.Sweeney.Speaking.Up.STTI.2017.abstract

ODU DNP Award announcement10162017_0001

The American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) has grown to be the largest professional membership organization committed to the practice of psychiatric-mental health (PMH) nursing and wellness promotion, prevention of mental health problems, and the care and treatment of persons with psychiatric disorders. The APNA Annual Conference is the largest gathering of PMH nurses in the US. The program each year features more than three days of continuing education specific to psychiatric-mental health nursing for RN-PMH and advanced practice nurses alike. As an accredited provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation, APNA offers a variety of live and online continuing nursing education programs. I presented my study as a poster Speaking Up: It’s All About Trust and Just Culture, at the APNA 31st Annual Conference, October 18-21, 2017 in Phoenix, AZ.  My poster received the First Place in Administration Award.

APNA_Paradiso_Sweeney_Just_Culture_Poster 2017

APNA 2017 Annual Conference Poster

Poster References

Healthcare & Hospital Management –  a non-peer-reviewed annual conference for healthcare leaders.  I presented the findings from my doctoral study, Speaking Up: It’s All About Trust and Just Culture as a podium presentation in Vienna, Austria on November 6, 2017.

H&H Management Presentation Acceptance Letter [2147]

H&H Management Conference listing

SpeakingUp_Paradiso_2017

The site of my doctoral research was Maimonides Medical Center.  I was selected to provide an oral presentation of this research for the Nurse Category at the Maimonides Annual Evening of Research on May 2, 2018.  I received a monetary award which I donated to NYCCT.  It is designated as the Maimonides Student Leader Award for students in the RN to BS program.  Each recipient receives a $100 stipend for demonstrated academic excellence in NUR 3110 at the Pinning Ceremony.

Maimonides Eve of Research Invitation

Evening of Research 5.2.18